This event is co-organized by Accelerate 2030 Quebec, the EDS Institute of Laval University, the IFDD and the CIRODD. Considering the imminent renewal of the Quebec government's sustainable development strategy (SDG 2022-2027), this event aims to mobilize the actors concerned by the SDGs in order to explore opportunities for pooling efforts to accelerate the socio-ecological transition. The two 45-minute conversations will be moderated by Olivier Riffon, Professor of Eco-Counseling at the University of Quebec at Chicoutimi.
10:00-10:45: The organizers wish to reaffirm the added value of pooling and sharing resources and collaboration to achieve the SDGs.
With 17 goals and 169 targets, it is necessary to work together to achieve them. Considering our common position as actors in the Quebec SDG ecosystem, we want to set the table by presenting multi-stakeholder initiatives and approaches that unite us and promote the achievement of the SDGs.
- Charles Beaudry, Mobilizer, Accelerate 2030 - Liliana Diaz, Scientific Coordinator, EDS Institute
- Chloé Barrette-Bennington, Project Manager and Summer School Manager, CIRODD
- Daniel Forget, Sustainable Development Professional, Laval University EDS Institute
- Tounao Kiri, Assistant Director, IFDD
- Talot Bertrand, SDG Student Committee
11:00-11:45: Putting forward other stakeholders who articulate the SDGs in a local context in their respective sectors. The responsibilities, challenges and good organizational practices regarding the integration of the SDGs will be highlighted.
These presentations also aim at stimulating the participants' reflection on the opportunities of collaboration allowing the achievement of the SDGs in Quebec, the challenges to anticipate, the essential actors and initiatives to mobilize, etc.
- Ana Flavia Cardoso Alvez, Director of the Urban Quality of Life Project Office, Quebec City
- Marie-Michelle Fortin, Counselor, Réseau des carrefours jeunesse-emploi du Québec
- Anick Ratelle, Senior Director, Marketing and Energy Solutions, Energir
- Évelyne Tiffault, Associate Professor, Université Laval
With this event, we wish to seize the opportunity to combine our roles and expertise to draw a roadmap for Quebec for all individuals and organizations interested in the implementation of the SDGs and wishing to explore knowledge, resources or expertise that can contribute to it.
INFORMATION SUR L’ÉVÉNEMENT 4 mars 2022 / 10 h – 11 h 45 (EDT) Événement virtuel en français avec interprétation simultanée vers l’anglais